We have directly assisted more than 1,900 women toward achieving economic independence.
Customer Appreciation Cards
Shop for a Cause
What We Carry
Hours of Operation
A referring agency must verify that the woman is at least 16 years of age, is enrolled in a job search program, is considered to be either At-Risk or 200% below Federal Income standards.
After receiving a voucher, simply bring the referral form, along with a state issued picture ID such as a driver’s license to My Sister’s Closet during regular store hours to redeem it.
Clients should allow at least 1-2 hours to be assisted with clothing choices, and appointments are encouraged, though not necessary.
When available, simple tailoring can be provided, but please allow several days in advance of your interview if needed.
Clothing vouchers are valid for as long as you need to redeem the total number of allowable outfits. If you did not have enough time or we did not have what you needed, you may come back as many times as necessary until you have completely filled your voucher.
Interview Skills Workshops
Appropriate clothing is only part of the solution when applying for that next job. You also need to polish your professional image. By attending one of our Interview Skills Workshops you will learn how to offer a firm handshake, introduce yourself professionally, and appear confident and at ease when answering questions about yourself regardless of your history.
Because a critical factor in getting any job is how you speak and convey your capabilities during the interview process; you need the knowledge and practice to make this step easier. After attending one of our Interview Skills Workshops, you will walk away like a pro knowing how to:
- Learn Time Proven Techniques That Will Give you a Competitive Advantage Over Other Applicants
- Turn Negatives into Positives About Any Situation When Telling Your Story
- Utilize Tools to Help You Stand Out, Get Remembered, and Get Called Back
- Make Your Body Language and Appearance Work for You
- Learn How to Respond To and Practice for Common Interview Questions with Confidence
- Answer Tough Questions about Job Losses, Layoffs, Holes on your Resume With Ease
- Open to both men and women, these FREE mini-courses are offered in collaboration with career professionals and community organizations to improve your chances of Success.
Job Search Workshops
Network like a master among your friends and acquaintances to find job opportunities.
Master proven techniques to post your resume so it will be seen by computers and anonymous human resource departments and increase the chances you will get called for an interview.
Understand how to use Job search engine sites, such as: Indeed, LinkUp, and Simply Hired, and Monster as well as how to find company sites by keyword and location.
Assistant Boutique Manager Needed My Sister's Closet is a community-driven, non-profit organization providing an upscale shopping experience in a clean and fashionable thrift store setting. Our boutique carries exceptional merchandise selections, attractive store displays, and