Assistant Boutique Manager Needed
My Sister’s Closet is a community-driven, non-profit organization providing an upscale shopping experience in a clean and fashionable thrift store setting. Our boutique carries exceptional merchandise selections, attractive store displays, and is known for high quality service for both clients and customers. We are looking for someone who wants to make a lasting difference in the community. This staff position will support our management team with donation processing and basic operations while ensuring the continued success of our clients as they transition out of poverty towards family self-sufficiency.
Primary Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer/client service on sales floor, in fitting rooms, and register.
- Assist with opening and/or closing store transactions.
- Work with store staff to increase sales and reach daily/weekly goals.
- Issue donation receipts and thank you notes in a timely manner.
- Help to supervise and train volunteers to process stock, and maintain systems & operations.
- Ensure compliance with all store policies, procedures, and security measures.
- Maximize personal time to work consistently and stay busy throughout the day.
- Help reduce downtime by effectively delegating tasks among volunteers to increase productivity.
- Contact volunteers to ensure regular store coverage during scheduled hours.
- Share workload, leading by example to sort, tag, price, display merchandise and keep store clean.
Attributes in the Optimal Candidate:
- Ability to add to positive work environment so staff and volunteers feel valued and recognized.
- Ability to lead by example, imparting knowledge to help others build capabilities and skills.
- Strong operational skills in a multi-faceted busy environment.
- Strong problem-solving and organizing skills with the ability to plan and prioritize workload.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing to persons of all ages.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive personal information, respecting client’s privacy and dignity.
- Able to understand the difference between critical priorities and general tasks.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal responsibility when safe-guarding the assets of the organization.
This person will help staff to educate team members about MSC’s brand, empowering them to speak clearly and effectively about the organization’s mission.
- Some college preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers helpful.
- Demonstrated passion for My Sister’s Closet’s mission and core values.
- Basic cash register and deposit handling procedures helpful.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher) helpful.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds; stand and bend to complete tasks.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Full time
- Monthly clothing allowance & 30% discount!
- It’s about women, fashion and clothes. So it’s very fun!
There is a great deal of satisfaction that comes with this position as we work with clients and take care of the boutique. The atmosphere is positive and the camaraderie and customers are fun. People at this organization care a great deal about each other as well as the well-being of others in the community.
We encourage anyone who might be interested in this position to try it on for size by volunteering for a few days first. You might find yourself enjoying it so much you want to keep volunteering a couple of hours each week, regardless of whether this becomes your full time job!
For questions or to apply for position, please write to: Sandy Keller, Executive Director by replying to this post.
For more information about My Sister’s Closet, visit: www.SistersCloset.org.