Become a Volunteer!
My Sister’s Closet relies on approximately 350 volunteers each year and we would love for you to lend a helping hand. In appreciation, all volunteers receive a 25% discount and $1/hour towards the purchase of merchandise for each volunteer hour logged. Please consider joining our team of amazing volunteers! If interested, please fill out our Volunteer Form.
Who Can Volunteer?
- Groups: Are you part of a philanthropic club, church group, sorority or fraternity? On a regular basis, My Sister’s Closet needs the help of groups for volunteer projects. To schedule, please let us know when you are available at: (812) 333-7710 or RetailManager@SistersCloset.org. We will need to know how many are in your group and when you would be available to volunteer.
- Individuals: Both men and women from all over the world volunteer at My Sister’s Closet. Please call, stop by the store to inquire, or fill out a Volunteer Form.
- Age Requirements: Volunteers must be at least 16 years old unless accompanied by a parent or adult.
Boutique Volunteer Opportunities:
- Staff MSC boutique store by helping to organize, sort stock, tag, and steam clothes
- Mend/minor clothing repairs
- Wash clothes & get out stains
- Organize/steam bridal and formalwear
- Shine shoes and purses
- Create displays on our walls and windows
- Plan or volunteer at a fundraising event
- Work on Supply Chain/Operations Team
Non-Store Volunteer Opportunities:
- Serve on a board or event planning committee
- Represent MSC at a program or help out at an event
- Mentor clients through our Success Institute by:
- Writing and improving resumes
- Teach Speech and Presentation techniques
- Teach a class to clients in Interview techniques, math, financial wellness, or HR
- Serve as an image consultant
- Advocate for a MSC client to get hired
- Write/research grant applications
- Help with marketing and publicity
Looking for more ways to get involved at MSC?
Shop at Our Store. Every woman is bound to find something at My Sister’s Closet. Stop by the store – who knows what you will discover!
Donate Clothing. We accept gently worn professional clothing and accessories for women. Please consult the list of items we accept found on our donate page.
Make a Monetary Gift. We appreciate all monetary donations. Every donation makes a huge difference. Please visit our giving page to get more information about monetary donations.
Join our Leadership Team. You can take your volunteerism to the next level by joining our leadership team. Whether its serving on our board or becoming a committee member, My Sister’s Closet would love to have you! If interested, please fill out our Board & Committee Member Application Form.
How to Volunteer at My Sister’s Closet for MLK in 2021