Job Interview & Workforce Attire Voucher Program
Women seeking employment in Monroe County may receive free clothing, accessories, under garments, basic hygiene products, and haircuts with a voucher. Referring agencies can approve a woman for up to five outfits. In most cases, a woman may receive two outfits for a job interview or three outfits to fit into the culture of a new job once they have been hired.
How does the referral system work?
A referring agency must verify that the woman is:
- At least 16 years of age.
- Enrolled in a job search program and actively looking for employment or can provide proof she has just been hired.
- Considered to be at-risk or has a household income of 50% below Federal Income Standards.
- New vouchers for the same client may only be issued after 24 months.
Redeeming a Voucher
- Once you have received a voucher, your caseworker should make an appointment for you to meet an MSC Image Consultant who will assist you with choosing appropriate clothing. Please call: (812) 333-7710 to schedule an appointment.
- Appointments are available: Monday – Friday at 11am; 1pm; and 3pm.
- We recommend making your appointment several days before your interview, so that we have time to find appropriate clothing.
- Please allow at least 2 hours for your appointment. Your assigned Image Consultant will assist you with finding appropriate outfits for either an interview or for workforce attire once you are hired.
- In some cases, simple tailoring can also be provided. Please allow several days in advance of your interview for tailoring.
- Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your MSC voucher form
- A state issued picture ID, as one of the following: Driver’s license or state ID.
- Your most recent resume (if available).
How much time do I have to use a voucher?
- Clothing vouchers are valid for a period of 3 months from the date they are issued.
- Vouchers can only be used for a total of 5 professional outfits. Once 5 outfits have been redeemed, the voucher will no longer be valid.
If you did not have enough time or we did not have what you needed during your original appointment, you may come back as many times as necessary within 3 months after the original voucher issue date to receive all your outfits. Once a voucher has been issued, you may not receive another clothing voucher for 24 months.
Participating Agency Partners
- American Red Cross
- Amethyst House
- Area 10 Agency on Aging
- Bloomington Housing Authority
- Bloomington Parole Board
- Bloomington Township
- Catholic Charities
- Thriving Connecting (SCCAP)
- National Able Network
- Family and Social Services Administration – FSSA
- Family Solutions
- IU Health Bloomington Addiction Treatment Recovery Center
- Middle Way House
- Monroe County Division of Family Resources
- Monroe County United Ministries
- New Hope Family Shelter
- New Leaf New Life
- Perry Township
- Salvation Army
- SCCAP – Head Start, Family Development
- Shalom Center
- Stepping Stones
- The Rise
- Veteran’s Administration
- Vocational Rehabilitation (FSSA)
- Volunteers in Medicine
- Wheeler Mission
- White River Central Labor Council
- Women, Infants and Children program (WIC)
- Work One
Some organizations are departments within larger organizations that issue vouchers separately. Not all organizations are listed.