My Sister’s Closet functions entirely on volunteer support and would love for you to lend a helping hand!
- Head up group volunteer fundraiser or service opportunity
- Staff MSC Store
- Mend/Minor Repairs
- Pickup clothing donations
- Make presentations to groups on MSC’s Behalf
- Write grant applications/research
- Create brochures, flyers
- Donation assistance (monetary/In-kind gifts)
- Correspondence via letters and phone calls
Clothing – We accept gently worn professional clothing and accessories for women. Please consult the list of items in need on the donate page. Monetary Gifts – My Sister’s Closet appreciates all monetary donations. Any denomination can make a difference. Please visit the Donate page to find out more about how you can support this organization.
Every woman is bound to find something at My Sister’s Closet. Stop by the store – who knows what you will discover!
My Sister’s Closet
Accepting High-School & College Level Internship Applications
Spring / Summer – 2018
- Enjoy Working with Women to Help Them Move Forward & Succeed?
- Do you love Fashion & Shopping or being in an atmosphere with Lots of Friendly People?
- Interested in a Fun Internship Opportunity that can build Significant Resume Experience?
- Do you want to work with a local Not-for-Profit that makes a Significant Difference in the Community?
- Are you interested in a career in any of the following fields: Retail Sales, Operations and Non-Profit Management?
If you answered YES to these questions, then My Sister’s Closet is for you!
The following 2015 Internships (Unpaid) are Currently Available:
Boutique Interns — at My Sister’s Closet have an active role in working with customers, creating displays, working with donations, and keeping the store organized and running smoothly. No Retail experience needed, My Sister’s Closet will train you!
Data Management Interns — help to keep information coming into My Sister’s Closet organized and retrievable, allowing us to keep track of various contacts such as: donors, event participants and volunteers. This collected information helps us to generate timely invitations, thank-you letters, and gather information to help us apply for grants.
Journalism Interns — help to write thank you letters and articles regarding MSC’s programming, events, volunteer experiences, and merchandise for social media, website paging, and direct marketing. Must have proven persuasive writing and proper grammar skills.
Supply Chain Interns — help us to keep our back stock room maintained and organized so that retrieval of necessary stock items is quick, safe, and visual – helping us to spend as much time with clients and customers as possible. Candidates must be able to lift bags and totes of at least 20lbs.
Event Planning Interns — helps us to plan various details for upcoming events to generate funding to help the support the community programming provided by My Sister’s Closet.
- Receive a 25% Discount and $1/hour towards the purchase of merchandise for each internship hour logged.
- Receive a Letter of Recommendation upon Completion of (minimum) 120 Interns Hours in any Internship Position.
- Obtain Measurable Qualitative and Quantitative Job Experience for any high-school or college resume.
- Receive Applicable Job training & Understanding of Business Decorum transferable to paid positions within multiple industries.
- Flexible Hours: Minimum of 120 Required Hours may be scheduled in short increments week by week or in larger increments in as little as 3 weeks. Time off for family vacation & travel can be built into individual schedules.
- 120 Completed Intern Hours in an agreed upon schedule between MSC’s Executive Director and Intern. (High school students must have parent’s signature for permission.)
- Must provide a state picture I.D. and fill out a standard application.
- Provide (2) references – 1 of a teacher/instructor; 1 of someone who has known you at least 6 months. (Not a parent).
- Submission of 2-page letter to MSC’s Board of Directors requesting an internship position with the following:
- Why you feel the services provided by My Sister’s Closet are important and build a better community.
- Information about yourself including: Interests, education, and life goals.
- Why you are interested in this internship opportunity.
Where to Apply: Submit your request through the Volunteer Network or send directly to:
My Sister’s Closet , C/O – Julie Tobin, Volunteer Coordinator
414 S. College Avenue, Bloomington, IN 47403
Or Email us