Benefits & Requirements of Interning at MSC!
- Receive job skills and knowledge transferable to multiple paid positions within several industries.
- Schedule flexible hours in short increments on a week-by-week basis or larger increments in as little as 3 weeks. Time off for family vacation and travel can be built into individual internship schedules.
- Interns receive a 30% discount and $1/hour towards the purchase of merchandise for each internship hour logged.
- Job recommendations upon completion of any internship position.
My Sister’s Closet internships have the following requirements:
- College students complete – a minimum of 120 hours
- High School students complete – a minimum of 60 hours
- Submission of the MSC Internship Application.
Boutique Interns — at My Sister’s Closet have an active role in working with customers, creating displays, working with donations, and keeping the store organized and running smoothly. No retail experience needed, My Sister’s Closet will train you!
Data Management Interns — help to keep information coming into My Sister’s Closet organized and retrievable, allowing us to keep track of various contacts such as: donors, event participants and volunteers. This collected information helps us to generate timely invitations, thank-you letters, and gather information for grant applications.
Journalism Interns — help to write thank you letters and articles regarding MSC’s programming, events, documenting volunteer experiences, and direct marketing. Must have proven persuasive writing skills.
Social Media/Online Marketing Interns – assist with MSC on social media, our website, and with online store management.
Supply Chain/Operations Interns — help us to keep our back stock room maintained and organized so that retrieval of necessary stock items is quick, safe, and visual – helping us to spend as much time with clients and customers as possible. Candidates must be able to lift bags and totes of at least 20lbs.
Event Planning Interns — helps us to plan various details for upcoming events to generate funding to help the support the community programming provided by My Sister’s Closet.
Fund Development Interns — work with the Executive Director and board to track and raise funds to help My Sister’s Closet reach its financial goals. Graduate level SPEA students only please.