Careers at MSC
Mission: My Sister’s Closet is a non-profit organization established to build a stronger community by promoting economic self-sufficiency with professional attire, support services & essential career developmental tools for success.
Since 1998, MSC has provided female heads of households with gently owned interview clothing, resume support, skills training and confidence building to find employment. To date, more than 2,500 area women have been helped with these free services to move closer to self-sufficiency. This free assistance takes place in a stylish thrift store boutique setting, known for its exceptional merchandise selections and quality service to both agency clients and shoppers. Donors support this mission with in-kind donations and merchandise purchases. We are seeking a community-minded individual who wants to use their life skills and experience to make a lasting difference in the lives of women and children. This management staff position will work directly with the Executive Director. Main duties will oversee basic operations and management of our thrift store, ensuring our continued ability to help clients transition out of poverty.
We are currently hiring for the following staff positions:
- Oversee staff and volunteers with opening and closing store transactions.
- Work with Executive Director to plan store sales to reach daily/weekly goals.
- Accept and process community donations.
- Work with E-Store Manager and E.D. to select quality merchandise, researching prices, and brand authenticity.
- Ensure compliance with all store policies, procedures, and security measures.
- Supervise and delegate tasks among volunteers and staff to ensure productivity and consistent quality.
- Supervise stock processing by sorting, pricing, and displaying of merchandise within guidelines for operations.
- Supervise store cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, ensuring positive client and shopper experiences in store.
ATTRIBUTES IN THE OPTIMAL CANDIDATE:
- Must exhibit a demonstrated passion for My Sister’s Closet’s mission and core values.
- Empower staff and volunteers to communicate effectively about the organization’s mission.
- 2-years of retail sales management required.
- Community volunteer experience and engagement a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Physical ability to stand, lift 20 pounds, and bend to complete tasks.
- Contribute to a positive work environment, helping staff and volunteers feel engaged, valued, and recognized.
- Possess strong operational and training skills in a multi-faceted busy environment.
- Possess strong problem-solving ability while organizing daily tasks.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Careful handling of confidential and sensitive client information, respecting their privacy and dignity.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and personal responsibility when safeguarding the assets of organization.
Education: H.S. degree. Preferred: Degree in Apparel Merchandising, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Photo journalism, or e-Commerce.
Prior Work Experience: 2-years of retail sales experience or 1-year of retail management experience preferred, but not required.
Full-time – 40 hours/week, Monthly Bonus, Commission, Generous Monthly Merchandise Allotment Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, Store discount, and Fun atmosphere.
For inquires or to apply for this position: Careers@SistersCloset.org
Please send resume to: email@example.com